- Finance and Student Accounts Manager: Manage Student Accounts billing, financial aid, and collections; track and report revenues, donations, and expenses; pay invoices. Candidates should have good interpersonal and organizational skills and some accounting/bookkeeping experience; QuickBooks experience is a plus. A full job description is below.
- Lower School Director: Lead the 60 student, grades 1-5 lower school division. Candidates should have excellent communication skills, with a background in educational leadership, student assessment, curriculum, and professional development and a commitment to Consciousness-Based Education. The successful candidate will train for the remainder of the 2018-19 year and take full responsibility in 2019-20. A full job description is below.
- Computer Science Teacher: 9th grade, part-time, one class per day (1:00 – 1:50 pm), April 1-June 7
- Preschool Assistant teacher: mornings, 9:00 am-12:00 pm.
To Start in July for the 2019-20 school year
- Consciousness, Connections and Life Skills Teacher: Understanding consciousness, the flow of creativity & intelligence and developing skills for life; with middle and high school students.
- Seed to Table Teacher and Gardener: “The Garden of Bliss” – maintain our orchards, gardens, and greenhouse and teach Seed to Table classes utilizing these resources and our teaching kitchen. Also, collaborate with other faculty to integrate our edible schoolyard program with core curriculum subjects.
- Central Office Manager: 8:00 am– 4:30 pm during the school year
- Robotics Coach: Teach an 80 minute per day project class from November through January, and lead the team in Robotics competitions with area schools.
Please send inquiries to Terry Weiss, Human Resources Director, firstname.lastname@example.org (641-472-9400 #5096). Please include your resume.
It is the policy of Maharishi School not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, religion, age, political party affiliation, or actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices.
STUDENT ACCOUNTS/FINANCE MANAGER – Job Description
Student Accounts Essential Responsibilities:
- Manages Student Account Billing database and Financial Aid system
- Prepares and sends monthly, semi-annual and annual tuition invoices to parents
- Processes tuition payments and gives to A/R clerk for banking
- Serves as liaison for parents and School Finance Committee for financial aid review
- Coordinates and presents Financial Aid proposals to Finance Committee
- Serves as liaison and manages STO, ECI, DHS grants and other funding groups to process funds for students
- Works with parents to manage timely tuition payments
- Prepares tuition letters to send to parents
- Manages tuition payment information into QuickBooks
Finance Manager Essential Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and end of year reports for MUM submission
- Assists in annual audit
- Reviews invoices and prepares payments
- Codes revenue and expenses as needed for posting
- Posts entries into QuickBooks online of all financial transactions
- Supervises: Purchaser
- Prepares reports for the Administrative Director, School Council, and School Board as needed
- Oversees Development Office donations processing
- Reconciles donations database with QuickBooks quarterly
- Member of Joint Finance Committee (composed of School Board & School Council)
- Submits data for annual NAIS report
- Prepares monthly Actual vs Budget reports for Managers/Directors
- Other related tasks as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for communicating with families
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Organizational skills
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
LOWER SCHOOL DIRECTOR – Job Description
Maharishi School (Preschool-12 coed college preparatory) is seeking a dynamic, experienced, dedicated educator to serve as our Lower School Director. This division enrolls approximately 60 students in grades 1-5, with the potential and capacity to grow.
For more than 40 years Maharishi School has provided an innovative, integrated system of Consciousness-Based education, combining best practices in curriculum design and instructional methods with the twice-daily practice of Transcendental Meditation and yoga.
Candidates for Lower School Director should possess and demonstrate:
- Proven capacity for educational leadership, collaborative decision making, and effective problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Love of children, enthusiasm for life-long learning, flexibility, resilience
- Successful experience in curriculum and professional development
- Familiarity with student assessment and analysis
- Experience with personnel hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation
- Awareness and commitment to school safety protocols
- Commitment to Consciousness-Based Education principles and practices
- Technological literacy: familiarity and comfort with school management software, google classroom, word processing, spreadsheets, databases.
Teaching and administrative licensure and experience, a graduate degree in education, familiarity with and a demonstrated commitment to Consciousness-Based education. Knowledge and/or experience with Montessori education is also a plus.
Follow Us on Social Media:
804 Dr Robert Keith Wallace Dr.
Fairfield, IA, 52556
Tel: (641) 472-9400
Toll Free: (866) 472-6723