Maharishi School is currently interviewing for the following positions:
- Recruiting Manager – Maharishi School is now seeking to hire a full-time Recruiting Manager to become a member of our dynamic Enrollment Management team. We are looking for an energetic, articulate team player who is passionate about a Consciousness-Based education in a boarding school environment and who is a positive role model for young men and women. The position supports the School, its values, and its leadership. The successful applicant will have experience in either sales or recruiting both international and US-based students. A Maharishi School graduate is preferred. A complete job description is below.
- Dorm Parents – Maharishi School is looking for a couple (one full time and one part-time) to live in our new dormitory and head up the boarding program, beginning July 1st. American and international students in grades 9 through 12 will live in our newly renovated dormitory. Our dorm parents will have their own apartment and will manage student life for the 10 to 20 students in their charge. Experience in residential work or other relevant experience with young people is important. Strong and demonstrable organizational skills and the ability and disposition to solve student issues are required. Complete job responsibilities are below.
- China Programs Director – This is a part-time position whose duties include facilitating communications with our Chinese boarding students and their families, assisting students with their integration into our school community, and assisting in recruiting new students to the school. Needs to be fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Maintenance Person
Please send inquiries to Terry Weiss, Human Resources Director, email@example.com (641-472-9400 #5096). Including your resume is preferable.
It is the policy of Maharishi School not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, religion, age, political party affiliation, or actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices.
RECRUITING MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION: Promotes Maharishi School to prospective families, feeder schools, recruitment agents, educational consultants, and referral organizations both internationally and domestically
- Travels internationally and domestically meeting prospective students and their families. Learns of prospective student’s strengths, weaknesses, interests, and academic aptitude. Shares information about Maharishi School
- Monitors and manages Maharishi School’s rankings by referral websites. Manages school profile on referral websites
- Plans strategy for and executes all Recruiting events
- Develops and fosters network of referral partners
- Develops and fosters relationships with TM centers and TM-related organizations
- Coordinates School participation of staff and alumni for national and local recruitment fairs; coordinates event-specific organizational aspects, sourcing of promotional materials, and information from the School
- Creates, packages, monitors, and distributes resource materials for student recruitment
- Provides assistance with all day-to-day tasks as needed in Admissions and responding to electronic communications.
- Play intermittent role as Admissions officer in peak admissions periods (e.g., August).
- Collaborates with admission team to optimize the admission experience for prospective students and families, maximizing the conversion of admission-appropriate students from inquiry through yield.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Enrollment Management Director.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 2-3 years previous sales or recruiting experience (preferred
- Maharishi School or MUM Alumni (preferred)
- Experience as a student or an employee at a private day or boarding school (preferred)
- Employee must travel domestically and internationally for this position (required)
- Bilingual (preferred)
DORM PARENTS JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Create a supportive, nurturing and safe environment:
- Promote a positive and healthy community spirit within the dorm, helping students to develop respectful friendships/relationships
- Create and oversee a routine that includes regular and consistent time for sleep, study and recreation
- Ensure that meals are adequately supervised and that students eat a well-balanced diet
- Ensure that students get regular exercise, especially outdoors, and that they maintain regular hygiene and health practices, drawing on the traditions of the community (including meditation on weekends)
- In conjunction with the school, plan weekend activities and provide transport and support; ensure everyone participates
- Arrange appropriate hospitality for parents, school visitors and duty staff
- Participate in school activities and attend performances and events that involve dorm residents
- Serve as a mediator/facilitator when necessary to provide resolutions for interpersonal conflicts between students.
Ensure health and safety standards are upheld
- Ensure the safety of the dorm at all times. Dorm Parents will follow established procedures in regards to safety and first-aid issues.
- Conduct regular drills and ensure that safety equipment (fire extinguishers, sensors) are in working order
- Ensure that exit signs and emergency contacts are posted and accessible
- Arrange doctor’s appointments and regular check-ups, providing transportation for residents
- Administer over the counter medication following proper guidance and procedure when appropriate and keep careful records
Enforce discipline, in cooperation with school authorities
- Be firm and fair with the rules
- Uphold and enforce the Maharishi School’s code of conduct, solving problems within the context of the residence but reporting serious issues to the Upper School Assistant Director.
- Record all incidents and notify parents as appropriate
- Conduct nightly check-ins and enforce curfews
- Check rooms daily for tidiness and create an opportunity for students to take responsibility for keeping shared spaces clean and orderly (i.e. chores)
Procedures and additional responsibilities
- Maintain a scheduled presence in the dorm during days and evenings. A schedule will be created to ensure student accessibility at appropriate times.
- Maintain an “on-call” status every other weekend. Dorm Parents will be on-call by always carrying their cell phone
- Attend scheduled meetings with faculty and Head of School to report on dorm life
- Assist with student arrivals and departures, room placements and room inspections.
- Order and manage supplies and oversee the budget, keeping careful records
- Communicate and work with custodial team, maintenance, IT, vendors, nurse, school counselor, teachers, and staff whenever needed
- Maintain and regularly submit paperwork to the business office including: schedules, records, payments and receipts, and regular updates to the budget
- Secure transportation for all school activities and prepare necessary documents
- Experience in residential work or other relevant experience with children/young people
- Training in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or Childcare are particularly welcomed
- Experience working with adolescents in a professional context is preferred
- Experience dealing with international students is preferred
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in a challenging environment is essential
- A strong awareness of Health & Safety (specifically as it relates to residential accommodation and to leading sports & activities) is essential
- Regular practice of Transcendental Meditation is essential
- Strong and demonstrable organization skills are required
- Ability and disposition to solve issues and problems with/between students are required.
- Demonstrable alignment with the values and priorities of the community is required
Follow Us on Social Media:
804 Dr Robert Keith Wallace Dr.
Fairfield, IA, 52556
Tel: (641) 472-9400
Toll Free: (866) 472-6723