Our goal? Help students find their right fit.
At Maharishi School, we believe that the college counselor serves as a facilitator, helping the student to identify for themselves their greatest interests and personal goals and find a college that suits their unique ambitions. The college counselor is available to coach each student through every step of the college application process.
Personalized college counseling is part of your student’s tuition and planning can begin in the 9th grade.
Personalized college counseling is built into the school curriculum and covered by tuition fees. In 9th and 10th grade, academic performance and planning are emphasized, with students filling out inventories to help them plan for their futures. The college counselor periodically meets 9th and 10th graders to check on their progress and holds college planning meetings where they can be introduced to all of the important concepts necessary for a successful college admission. Starting in 11th grade, students have the opportunity to go on two college visits to identify features and characteristics that fit with their individual preference.
Individualized counseling is built into the school curriculum.
All seniors have individual review meetings with the college counselor, and are given personalized information about any grants and scholarships that they could be eligible for.
Features at a Glance:
- The college counselor is readily available to assist students with any part of the submission process.
- Juniors and Seniors have the opportunity to visit two colleges—one small liberal arts school, and one large university.
- College representatives visit Maharishi School each year to deliver information sessions to interested students.
- By looking through previous tests, the college counselor helps all students plan their college testing schedules, and choose the tests that will best represent the student’s strengths.
- The college counselor reviews all college essays, providing group essay sessions, and individual support for Seniors.
- In partnership with ICAN, the Iowa College Access Network, Maharishi School provides multiple events each year to help families navigate the financial aid process for college applications.
Follow Us on Social Media:
804 Dr Robert Keith Wallace Dr.
Fairfield, IA, 52556
Tel: (641) 472-9400
Toll Free: (866) 472-6723