Admissions Process: International Students
1. Visit Us (optional)
The best way to know whether you and Maharishi School are a great fit is to visit. You’ll want to meet our teachers, our administrators, spend time in the classrooms, and meet your peers.
Visits to the Maharishi Middle School are arranged by appointment. We request a two-week notice of all visits. Open Houses are also scheduled several times each year.
International students may visit for up to 1 week. After a student visits and is accepted, Upper School students must defer enrollment until the start of the following semester.
To plan a visit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (641) 472-9400 ext.5076.
2. Apply Online
There is a $25 application fee and you will need to provide an official school transcript from your most recent school. As you navigate the application requirements, remember that the Maharishi Admissions team is here to be your partner every step of the way. Access our online application.
The following documents will be needed to complete the application:
- Official School transcript from the most recent school
- SSAT (preferred),TOEFL or TOEFL Jr. test scores, ITEP, SLEP
- Visit the SSAT website to find a testing site in your area. Maharishi School’s SSAT school code is 4770.
- Personal Recommendation letter
- Student essay
Interviews are a required part of the application process. This can be an in-person or a Skype interview. After receipt of a completed application, a Maharishi School Admissions officer will contact you to schedule a student interview after the transcripts are received and application including the student essay is completed.
4. Receive Letter of Acceptance from the Director of Admissions.
Say “Yes”. After you have been accepted and have made your decision to enroll, sign the enrollment contract and send in the required deposit within 3 weeks.
5. Obtain Visa
After we receive the following items, Maharishi School will start the process for issuing an I-20 visa.
- Signed International Student Enrollment Contract and nonrefundable deposit
- Confidential Financial Statement Form or verification of funds
- Scanned copy of student’s Passport ID page
6. Complete the enrollment process by sending in the following forms:
- Official immunization record or notarized waiver
- Physical and Health records (completed by your doctor within the last 12 months)
- Signed Liability and Travel Waiver
- Signed Statement of Temporary Guardianship
- Consent for Release of Educational Records
- Dental screening (entering 9th graders only)
Tuition must be fully paid before the start of student orientation.
Application Dates and Deadlines
For Fall Semester entry
- Priority application: Priority consideration is given to all applications completed by April 1. Once all first-round decisions are made, the admissions process then transitions into a rolling format. New students are accepted until classes are full.
- Notification of admissions decision: April 15
- The deadline for 2020-21 enrollment deposit has been extended to June 1, 2020 for all boarding and day students.
For Spring Semester entry
- Application deadline: November 15
- Notification of admissions decision: within 2 weeks.
Upon admission to Maharishi School, boarding families are issued an enrollment contract which should be submitted with the deposit within three weeks. Tuition must be fully paid before the start of student orientation.
Maharishi School admits students of any race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School.
Follow Us on Social Media:
804 Dr Robert Keith Wallace Dr.
Fairfield, IA, 52556
Tel: (641) 472-9400
Toll Free: (866) 472-6723