Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) 2023-24
It has been well established that collaboration between parents and the school has a significant and positive impact on the learning and development of children. When parents are aligned with the school’s vision and are actively engaged in supporting its mission and core values, they contribute towards creating a harmonious and positive ethos in the school. This helps in improving children’s morale, attitude, academic achievement, behavior, social adjustment, and, most importantly, helps them become productive and responsible citizens of society.
Furthermore, this partnership between the parents and the school, helps build trust and positions them to set high expectations for their children. A well-structured partnership program improves the school, strengthens families, and increases student achievement and success.
Aims and objectives of the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC):
In order to provide a focus to parent engagement the school initiates a parent advisory committee to serve as a link between the school and the wider parent community. Its objectives are:
- To facilitate on-going communication between the school and the wider parent community
- To provide an opportunity for Maharishi parents to share their ideas and mutual concerns on every facet of school life
- To endorse, recommend and encourage parental collaboration on school initiatives
- To support, endorse and propagate the school’s vision, mission, core values and its central focus on Consciousness-Based Education
Fundamental principles governing the nature and the constitution of the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC):
- The PAC is not a statutory, registered body. It is convened at the invitation of the school in recognition of its commitment to parent-school collaboration.
- The PAC is an advisory body. It communicates mutual concerns, recommends possible solutions and shares innovative ideas that might benefit the school.
- The school is not bound to accept the recommendations of the PAC, and will act on the recommendations based on its discretion and feasibility, keeping in mind the interests of all stakeholders.
- The PAC will consist of one representative parent from each grade of the school. The PAC will be led by a chairperson.
- The PAC will be represented by a chairperson selected/recommended by the Head of School in consultation with the Leadership Team.
- The Leadership Team will be responsible for the final selection of PAC members.
Responsibilities of the grade representatives of the PAC:
- The Grade Representative is expected to dedicate time and energy to this commitment throughout the year.
- Attend PAC meetings throughout the year as per the schedule.
- Maintain close contact with parents of the respective grades and with other members of the PAC, to be aware of and be sensitive to issues that need to be taken up with the school.
- Work closely and professionally with the school leadership team to resolve minor whole class/ school issues to pre-empt escalation.
- Present to the PAC chairperson issues and concerns that need to be discussed at PAC meetings.
Meetings with School Leadership Team:
The PAC will meet with the school leadership team, including the Head of School, three times in the year (September, January and May).
For the complete details and how to become involved please review Parent Advisory Committee (2022-23)
Follow Us on Social Media:
804 Dr Robert Keith Wallace Dr.
Fairfield, IA, 52556
Tel: (641) 472-9400
Toll Free: (866) 472-6723