What is the FBLA and why is it important for our students?
“Maharishi School has always had students who were interested in business and finance, but it seems recently that more have expressed the desire for programs to support passions in that arena. We were fortunate to make a connection with Diane Goudy at just this time, who shared her expertise and vast experience with the future business leaders of America organization. We are excited to apply that framework With its many options for specific interests.“
The purpose of FBLA High School is to provide, as an integral part of the instructional program, additional opportunities for secondary students in business
and/or business-related fields to develop vocational and career supportive competencies and to promote civic and personal responsibilities.
Goals of the FBLA High School Division are to:
• develop competent, aggressive business leadership;
• strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work;
• create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise;
• encourage members in the development of individual projects which contribute
to the improvement of home, business, and community;
• develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism;
• encourage and practice efficient money management;
• encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty;
• assist students in the establishment of occupational goals; and
• facilitate the transition from school to work.
Through its diverse opportunities for learning, networking, and hands-on experiences, the league not only empowers students with practical knowledge but also nurtures their entrepreneurial spirit. The Future Business League of America stands as a pivotal initiative for high school students at Maharishi School, offering them a unique platform to cultivate essential skills, foster innovative thinking, and build a foundation for future success in the dynamic world of business.
To learn more about the Maharishi School, click here.
Ready to apply? Click here.