Food and Natural Health
Students may go home at lunchtime and eat with their families or host families or they may choose from a wide variety of restaurants in the city of Fairfield.
For those who prefer to eat in our cafeteria, we serve a delicious and wholesome organic vegetarian lunch. Protein is provided by a variety of legumes, tofu, nuts, and dairy products. The daily lunch also offers whole grains, a variety of salads and vegetables, fresh fruit, and delicious desserts. Most of the vegetables are grown in our own campus greenhouses or locally grown in Fairfield.
Students can also bring a packed lunch and eat in the cafeteria.
Maharishi School is committed to offering its students the healthiest meal choices possible. To maximize learning and provide the greatest nutritional value, Maharishi School encourages students to eat a healthy, organic diet.
For students who dine out, the downtown area of Fairfield is only a short walk, bike ride or drive from the school. Over 35 restaurants offer a great variety of meals including Asian, American, Indian, Italian, Mediterranean and Mexican cuisine, which include meat entrees. Fairfield has more restaurants per capita than San Francisco, California!
Holistic Health Habits
As a student at Maharishi School, you’ll learn simple but highly effective methods for creating and maintaining a balanced state of health.
These methods are designed to enliven the inner intelligence of the body and strengthen its natural healing ability.
- Self-pulse assessment to promote balance in your physiology
- Yoga asanas (simple yoga postures) for flexibility and mind-body integration
- Pranayama (simple breathing technique) for enlivening your mind and body
- Fitness program for energy and vitality
- Diet and digestion guidelines to nourish your physiology
- Daily and seasonal routines for optimal physical and mental health
A few other school features enhance the good health of our students:
- organic vegetarian meals served fresh every day
- our tobacco-free, alcohol-free, and drug-free campus policy
- our buildings are constructed, whenever possible, from non-toxic building materials
Follow Us on Social Media:
804 Dr Robert Keith Wallace Dr.
Fairfield, IA, 52556
Tel: (641) 472-9400
Toll Free: (866) 472-6723