Spring is just around the corner and with that comes the year of our 2022 graduates. Where will this next chapter in their lives take them? We don’t know but it’s up to us to prepare them to the best of our ability for that journey. Being in your teens brings about a lot of changes, and they aren’t just in the body. The emotional change that occurs in the teenage years can feel unpredictable at times. That’s why at Maharishi School we encourage our students to know themselves and think deeply. And we’ve made it our mission to do just that.
10 Tips for Teens
- Don’t be afraid to say “No,” and don’t be afraid to say “Yes,” either… You get to determine how intentional you want to be with your decisions and voice your opinions authentically.
- When in doubt, pay it forward… If it seem like there’s an opportunity to help someone who is in need, do it.
- Life isn’t always fair, don’t waste your time lamenting it… At times we can feel like a victim of life, but is that really true? See if you are able to shift your perceptive about the situation and move forward.
- Fall in love with yourself… Your friends may be talking a lot about what relationship their in, but the most important relationship you can have is with yourself. If you nurture a deep love for yourself, you will never break up. I promise!
- The journey is more important than the destination… Life is a series of small moments, and it’s about learning how to focus on and enjoy the process rather than being wrapped up in the success at the end.
- It’s not being shallow to want to be happy… There will be times that you need to take a step back and ask yourself if what you are doing is truly making you happy, or if you’re doing it for other people. It’s OK to be selfish with your self!
- Make attainable goals… Having big, lofty goals can be really fun, but don’t forget to make smaller ones that you know can do easily. Otherwise that to do list will never get checked off and you’re left feeling defeated. Show up for yourself and get the small things done before you dream big!
- Hard work usually pays off… If you want to accomplish your goals, be prepared to put the time and effort in that is needed to make that achievable. Know that things may not come easily but the reward for your hard work will be so gratifying.
- Don’t agonize, organize… Don’t waste time over how difficult a big project is, use your organizing power to divide and conquer. Then it will be done much faster and with less stress.
- Exercise. Exercise. Exercise. I’m not saying that you should be in the gym 24/7, in fact there’s so many ways to incorporate fitness into your day that has nothing to do with lifting weights. If you live close to where you need to go, walk there. On days when the weather is nice try riding your bike to school instead of driving. Getting your heart rate elevated for just 30 minutes a day trains your body to move oxygen and blood more efficiently and can lower your risk of health problems in the future.
To apply to Maharishi School, click here.
To read “Top Ten Tips for Creating a Balanced Teenager,” click here.
To learn more about our academics or to contact a member of our admissions staff, click here.